There are several other open content projects that are a source of educational material or have similar goals. Examples include:
- Community College Open Textbook Collaborative
- Dynamic Textbook Project (science books)
- John Artz's information systems books (some incomplete)
- MIT OpenCourseWare
- One laptop per child
- Onlinecourses.com a collection of open online college courses
- Onlineuniversities.com (a blog)
- OpenLearn gives free access to course material from The Open University
- Open Textbook Library is part of the Open Textbook Network operated by several universities.
- Public Diplomacy
- Saylor Foundation
- Stanford Law School Afghanistan Legal Education Project
- Textbook Revolution
- Wiki books
A comprehensive list of Open Educational Resources is maintained by the UNESCO International Institute for Educational Planning's Open Educational Resources Community.